Congratulations!! Pregnancy is a time of wonder and joy, full of exciting milestones and moments that you get to experience over the course of 40 (or so) weeks. Pregnancy also brings with it a load of questions that you may or may not feel comfortable asking a friend or family member, or sometimes even your health care provider. Adding a doula to your support team is a great thing to do in pregnancy because it gives you one dedicated and unbiased person to lean on for support.
Some things that your doula my help you with during pregnancy are.....
- morning sickness remedies and suggestions
- emotional stress
- body image and changes during pregnancy
- processing any previous life trauma
- talking about your previous birth experiences or losses
- helping to navigate baby gear and nursery options
Your doula provides consistency at a time where everything is changing around, and in, you!