The moment of your baby's birth is one that you will remember for the rest of your life. As doulas, we provide mental and emotional support to both parents and are often in contact with other family members to keep everyone updated and assured that mom and baby are both safe and healthy.
At your labour and birth, your doula may.....
- provide counter pressure for back discomfort
- fetch warm blankets or towels at your request
- help you and your partner get settled in a birthing room
- help you with your birth wishes and explain what your options are
- keep lines of communication open between you and your health care team
- play your requested birthing playlist
- give you space when you need or want it
Our doulas are highly trained birth experts, and we want nothing more than for you to have the most positive birth experience possible.